Choosing Energy Efficient Air Conditioner For Home
If you are out in the market to buy a new air conditioner for your home, it is very easy to get overwhelmed (and confused) about the amount of choices available in market. The biggest problem is most of us do not know what to look for in an air conditioner. Because air conditioning units consumer a lot of electricity, you must be very cautious about which model you are choosing. Buying a cheaper variant which consume a lot of power could leave a big hole in your pocket in long run.
Important things to look for before buying an air conditioner –
- Effective – The AC should be effective enough to provide sufficient cooling to the room. Before purchase you must inquire whether the air conditioner unit is sufficient for your room size. If you have a bigger room, you must go for a bigger unit.
- Energy Rating – Different models come with different energy rating. Products with better ratings are expensive than others, but at the same time consume very less power. If you can afford to buy a unit with highest energy rating, you must do that, Otherwise you can choose units with slightly lower ratings.
- Power Saver options – Some units come with power saver or economy mode. You can use this mode when only a decent amount of cooling is required. Using this option wisely can help you save a lot of money.
- Timer – Before zeroing down on any particular model, make sure it comes with a timer setting. This way you will be able to program the unit to automatically shut off after few hours. Most people set a timer on air conditioner before sleeping at night, so that it automatically shuts down after 4-5 hours.
- Warranty – Do compare the warranty options of different models. Air conditioner repair could be expensive, it will be economical for you to buy a model which comes with long warranty cover.
As a consumer, when buying air conditioner, you will want to have a model which offers extra ordinary performance, offer better energy efficiency and at the same time is not too expensive to buy. Using energy efficient models not only help you save money in long run, they are also good for the environment.
In any given country if most people buy air conditioners compliant with energy standards, not only the economy can save millions in dollars, there will be massive reduction in green house emissions.